Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Routing Info Required

Hi;

I Know thsi sounds quite strange

But i have a network consisting of two sites.Site A has 871 and Ste B has 1841 both routers are connecetd to internet and VPN is established between two Site B also contains 6 servers i want to define a route between these sites so when ever there is a request of a perticular server on site B from SITE A it should pass throught the routers.

Or

Can i specify static route between these two routers i don't know the Distance Metric Between both routers

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Routing Info Required

Hi Imran,

The best way will be to define the static route for the 6 servers on your site A pointing next hop as your site B router ip address.

Something like this

ip route <1841 router ip>

ip route <1841 router ip>

Also on your site B router you need to define the reverse route back to site A router so that reply from servers can reach back to site A.

HTH

Ankur

Re: Routing Info Required

Ankur

Thats the solution i know but the thing which is happening is X.x.x.60 is a server there and 1841 ip is x.x.x.152 so i have made teh following route ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 x.x.x.254 (For Browsing)on 871 but i m not been able to access .60 server using 152 as .60 and .152 both have global ip's and are terminated in to the same switch but i want to access .60 using .154 which is 1841 router so i can apply rules

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content