cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing issue 6509-e

b.swank
Level 1
Level 1

we are installing a 6509-e,sup720, upgrading from a 6509 sup2, moved every thing over to the new 6509-e but when we break the fiber like bewteen the two and change the route statements for the new one we are unable to connect to the internet, but as long as we maintain the fiber link to the old unit and route via it we can get out

any thoughts?

4 Replies 4

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

the fiber between the 2 switches is it a L2 or a L3 link?

can you give more details (figure, IPs, new route you add...)

Before posting this question in this forum, Bill posted the same question in the WAN Routing and Switching forum where I have posted a response. I suggest that any further discussion of this issue be consolidated in the WAN forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you Rick I noticed the post to the WAN fourm not sure why but as long as it helps, I'll be more careful in the future

Ohassairi, Thank you for wanting to help with this, after reading Rick's post he is correct, I did post in the WAN fourm, and he did offer some very helpful thoughts and I would like to respond to them while providing more information so if you would not mined i would like to continue this thread in the wan fourm and invite you to join there

Thank you

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card