Views
Helpful
Replies

ROUTING

prakashkamte
Level 1
Level 1

I have purchase a new cisco 2821 router

configured with public address on outside interface with one subnet ip and configured inside interface with another subnet ip in turn connected to switch suppose i ping the isp gateway i am getting request time out i have configured default route, dns server,interface but i am able to ping to outside interface but not to isp gateway is there any access-list i have to specify in order to get access out of exit interface to internet

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Prakash, it is probably your NAT and/or access list, can you post configuration, strip out publig IP info.. can you discribe your topology physical connections.

Rgds

Jorge

Jorge Rodriguez

YES Both the interface are assigned two public interface from different the exit interface a.b.c.d and inside int is assigned e.f.g.h to which a host is connected i am able to ping from the host up till a.b.c.d but not to ping public dns there is no access list and and is not nated

vanguardro
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

i suppose you use ip addresses from public ip address space, and because of this you don't need NAT.

can you do one traceroute from internet to you assigned ip addresses ?

vanguardro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card