Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Purple

rps 2300

We have a rps 2300 hooked to a 3560 , non E 3560. When testing it failovers fine when we pull switchpower but when we plug the switch back in it doesn't seem to automatically fall back over to wall power . I would think it would but maybe it doesn't and you have to do it via the front panel on the rps. I have read thru the whole book trying to find an answer to this. Anyone have any experience with these things ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: rps 2300

Glen-

Working with the RPS's on a non-E stinks. A power cycle of the switch is required to return the power state back to the switch (official Cisco), but you can unplug the RPS cable/power cable and the switch will start using it's own power supply, however, it sometimes reboots anyways!

3 REPLIES

Glen-

Working with the RPS's on a non-E stinks. A power cycle of the switch is required to return the power state back to the switch (official Cisco), but you can unplug the RPS cable/power cable and the switch will start using it's own power supply, however, it sometimes reboots anyways!

Purple

Thanks thats what i thought just by doing testing here in the lab . I was able to get it to go back by putting the port in standby and then putting it back active . The main issue in our case is that we won't know when they flop over to the rps as we aren't doing any kind of snmp traps on the switches . Very poor design , you would think they would put the functionality in all the IOS code for the switches if they have rps capability.

I agree 100%!

Views
Helpful
Replies