cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RPS2300 and Switches

qwertys21
Level 1
Level 1

We are going to configure some new switches with Cisco Redund Pwr System 2300 No PSU.

We have received all the switches but not the Cisco Redund Pwr System 2300 No PSU.

Can I go ahead and configure the switches without the Cisco Redund Pwr System 2300 No PSU.

And then when the Cisco Redund Pwr System 2300 No PSU arrives, will I need to shut down the switches in order to configure them for the inclusion of the Cisco Redund Pwr System 2300 No PSU.

Another instance is that we may receive the Cisco Redund Pwr System 2300 No PSU but not the CATALYST 3750-E/3560-E/RPS 2300ACCS, CAB-RPS2300= Spare RPS2300 cables to connect the switches, can I go ahead and configure for the Cisco Redund Pwr System 2300 No PSU and then later add the cables to the switches when they arrive. Will I have to power down the switches as they may likely be in production by then?

1 Reply 1

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can configure and install the switches and add the RPS's later. You can install the RPS's w/o shutting down the switch.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco