Helpful
Replies

RSPAN over T1

mparekh
Level 3
Level 3

Folks,

MY question pertains to RSPAN.

At my remote branch I have a 2811 voice GW connecting to a 3560 switch. I would like to remote span the switch port to which the 2811 voice GW is connected on the switch to a vocie recording server at the headquarter. We have a point-to-point T1 connection between the remote site and HQ. First question, is this possible to remote span a port from a remote site to a HQ over T1? If yes, how (any links or configuration source would be helpful)?

My guess is that I would have to extend a vlan trunk over the T1 circuit but I am not sure how to do this.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Rspan is a L2 concept and hence you cannot use it

You need to use ERSPAN if you want to span over a routed network

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cis7600/software/122sx/swcg/span.htm#wp1020356

HTH

Narayan

Thanks...do you know if ERSPAN is supported on 3560 or 3750 switches? I was not able to find any documents that state this feature is supported on these switches. The only hardware i saw supporting this feature is 6500 switches w/ Sup 720.

No, it is not supported. Only supported on the Supervisor Engine 720 with PFC3B and Supervisor Engine 720 with PFC3BXL.

Regards,

~JG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card