Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

RSPAN over T1

Folks,

MY question pertains to RSPAN.

At my remote branch I have a 2811 voice GW connecting to a 3560 switch. I would like to remote span the switch port to which the 2811 voice GW is connected on the switch to a vocie recording server at the headquarter. We have a point-to-point T1 connection between the remote site and HQ. First question, is this possible to remote span a port from a remote site to a HQ over T1? If yes, how (any links or configuration source would be helpful)?

My guess is that I would have to extend a vlan trunk over the T1 circuit but I am not sure how to do this.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: RSPAN over T1

Rspan is a L2 concept and hence you cannot use it

You need to use ERSPAN if you want to span over a routed network

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cis7600/software/122sx/swcg/span.htm#wp1020356

HTH

Narayan

Bronze

Thanks...do you know if ERSPAN is supported on 3560 or 3750 switches? I was not able to find any documents that state this feature is supported on these switches. The only hardware i saw supporting this feature is 6500 switches w/ Sup 720.

No, it is not supported. Only supported on the Supervisor Engine 720 with PFC3B and Supervisor Engine 720 with PFC3BXL.

Regards,

~JG

Views
Helpful
Replies