Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTR configuration pushed via snmp lost after reboot

Hi,

in the lab we test rtr function on cisco routers. We configure and manage rtr tests with our network management system Spectrum. Spectrum sends the tests via snmp to the routers. On the router you can see the tests with the "show rtr configuration" command:

SA Agent, Infrastructure Engine-II

Entry number: 158

Owner: name

Tag: tag

Type of operation to perform: dns

Target address: 10.1.1.1

Source address: 0.0.0.0

Source port: 0

Operation timeout (milliseconds): 5000

Operation frequency (seconds): 300

Next Scheduled Start Time: Start Time already passed

Life (seconds): Forever

Entry Ageout (seconds): 3600

Status of entry (SNMP RowStatus): Active

Connection loss reaction enabled: No

Timeout reaction enabled: No

Verify error enabled: No

Threshold reaction type: Never

Threshold (milliseconds): 5000

Threshold Falling (milliseconds): 3000

Threshold Count: 5

Threshold Count2: 5

Reaction Type: None

Number of statistic hours kept: 2

Number of statistic distribution buckets kept: 1

Statistic distribution interval (milliseconds): 20

Number of history Lives kept: 0

Number of history Buckets kept: 15

History Filter Type: None

This tests work fine until the router is reloaded. After reload all configured tests are lost.

Does anybody know if this is expected behaviour or if it's possible to store the rtr configuration automatically in nvram?

Many thanks,

Thorsten

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i would think the tool would have to have a way to do a "write mem " or copy run start" so that it gets stored in nvram , sounds like this is not being done.

Also when I do a write mem after the rtr config was send via snmp to the cisco there is no rtr config in the "show run".

So if there is any nvram space used for the rtr config then it's not the normal configuration space.

Initially (or was it a bug in some IOS versions - I do not remember at the moment) the rtr config was lost after reboot.

I used to work at a company where we were doing a lot of SLA measurement and we had to put procedures, or rather scripts, in place to ensure that if a router got reloaded the SLA config was pushed out again.

I believe that you are using semi-old IOS, 'cause the command syntax nowadays is "ip sla ..."

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card