Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

RV220W - Problems with Port 25 and SMTP

Hello. I'm really new to networking but I've been given the task of fixing a problem with our RV220W. Up until about two weeks ago our VOIP service would send our voicemails to our emails in a wav. file. But that's stopped completely when we came back last monday. I contacted our VOIP provider and they said they only send emails on port 25 and that our port must not be open anymore. (No network changes have taken place on our end)

So I did the following to open up port 25:

Then I

Still didn't work and they ran a diagnostic and got the following:

(10:42:30 AM) Liz: I restarted the postfix service and then tried to send a test:
(10:42:52 AM) Liz: Unfortunately, same timeout:
Oct 3 10:41:55 pbxtra6939 postfix/smtp[12538]: connect to ratsound.mail.pairserver.com[66.39.4.106]: Connection timed out (port 25)
Oct 3 10:41:55 pbxtra6939 postfix/smtp[12538]: AB9472EC010: to=<lcasale@fonality.com>, relay=none, delay=30, status=deferred (connect to ratsound.mail.pairserver.com[66.39.4.106]: Connection timed out)

Our normal email service reported that they received no activity on there end and our ISP said they were not blocking port 25. So it must be something in the network settings right?

Any help would be appreciated as this is driving me bananas.

Thank You

Kea Kanamu

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content