cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 Disconnects

tymesonn1
Level 1
Level 1

I have had my RV325 connected for weeks now.  All the sudden we are getting disconnects for the whole office to the Internet at random times.  When I run a continuous ping to the local interface (inside of the gateway) from my desktop I can see the ping response times quickly increment from 1ms to about 3,400ms when my pings finally fail and at that time no one in the office can reach the internet.  In about 45 seconds the pings return to normal after the disconnect.  It turns out this only occurs during times when one of our developers is running Google Maps with their heat map feature functionality or when doing a SQL compare with a DB across the router (both high volume events).  I am uncertain why these events would cause disconnects rather than just slowdowns.  I had a basic out of the box configuration with the firewall features on originally.  In troubleshooting I have turned off all the firewall features except the firewall itself.  My WAN connection is setup as SmartLink Backup but I don't have a backup connection so WAN 2 is not even enabled.  I am one version of code back from the current version because when I upgraded previously it caused serious throughput problems.  I returned it to the factory image after that, which as stated previously is one version behind or otherwise v1.1.0.09.  I checked every connection in the office and there are no hubs to create broadcast storms.  Seems to have been operating fine for several weeks before this.  Any configuration suggestions to check on the device itself?

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When this happens, check the CPU/memory on the router.  They maybe a feature set that is enabled and can cause CPU spikes and therefore no packet forwarding.

Also, open a ticket with TAC, as this maybe a known issue to them and they can help you toward a resolution.

HTH

Thanks, Reza.  Unfortunately as far as I can tell they only give you the GUI for management of this device.  I don't see any way to look at the hardware performance.  I'll try to open a ticket.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card