Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

save in form automatica running-config in tftp

I need to know how can I to put command with WR to save in form automatic the running-config of the switch 3750 but the save will have a TFTP o FTP.

The TFTP will have running-config as backup Anyone can help me?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In addition to EEM, you can also use the built-in config archive functionality. If you want to automatically archive configuration changes to a TFTP server, you can use the following sample config:

archive

path tftp://10.1.1.1/router.cfg

maximum 14

time-period 1440

That will archive the config to a TFTP server every 24 hours. It will archive a maximum of 14 configs. Before this will work, however, you will need to pre-create the files on the TFTP server. The files will be named router.cfg-1, -2, -3, ...

Note: this is a security risk, so be very sure your TFTP server is secure before archiving device configs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin Parry
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I would take a look at the EEM scripting pages on CCO. Someone has created a script that should do what you want.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/EEM?page=eem&fn=script&scriptId=346

I would look into it in a bit more detail before you try and either create one, or use the ones on there.

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/EEM?page=main

Hope this helps

Martin

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In addition to EEM, you can also use the built-in config archive functionality. If you want to automatically archive configuration changes to a TFTP server, you can use the following sample config:

archive

path tftp://10.1.1.1/router.cfg

maximum 14

time-period 1440

That will archive the config to a TFTP server every 24 hours. It will archive a maximum of 14 configs. Before this will work, however, you will need to pre-create the files on the TFTP server. The files will be named router.cfg-1, -2, -3, ...

Note: this is a security risk, so be very sure your TFTP server is secure before archiving device configs.

I have sen that if we choose location as local disk, time-period command does not work. only it is with tftp / remote that it works.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card