Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Separate Network for Wifi

We have a relatively small simple LAN behind a Cisco ASA 5510 firewall. Macs & PCs. On the same LAN are a couple of wifi routers which allow the option of using the internet & file servers via ethernet or wifi.

I would like to change this so that people connecting on wifi are on a separate, blocked-off network solely for internet/whatever. Aim is (a) improve security & (b) disable bonjour & improve network performance & server access on the 'main' LAN.

We have a lease line internet connection, would you order an additional broadband line for the wifi devices or set up a separate VLAN on the firewall - if so, can anyone point me to a 'dummies' guide? Is it possible to disable bonjour on one network & allow it on another? The additional cost would not bother me too much, I could budget for that.

Thanks,

[+ the wifi boxes are Cisco WAP2000]

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

Separate Network for Wifi

I came up with a solution eventually by utilising 2 old OSX mac minis as DHCP/DNS servers, one for each network. The wifi boxes are configured manually on the wifi network so not exactly a Cisco solution.

Views
Helpful
Replies