cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Separate offices from each other but all have internet access. What's the best way to accomplish this?

Matt Sirotzki
Level 1
Level 1

I am asking this because of numerous failed attempts before.  I first dealt with the small business cisco products.  Layer 2 switches didn't seem to accomplish this correctly and layer 3 would require a butt load of acl lists.  (Average between 10 to 20 rental offices). After retraining for my CCNA cert I have fallen back in love with iOS and all of the possibilities.  However the same question stands.  What is the best equipment to accomplish this?  Vlans appeared the way to go but I don't want inter van communication. 

These are very small usage, low load offices but they need some security between one another. (You never know who is going to bring in something nasty). Is it even possible to accomplish this with a switch alone?  There is a sonic wall on site also but was planning on just connecting the suites to the wan gateway.  Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

sean_evershed
Level 7
Level 7

So you want to prevent Company A from being able to communicate with Company B on the same physical infrastructure?

One method of achieving this is to use VRF-Lite. See below a good intoduction to the technology:

http://packetlife.net/blog/2009/apr/30/intro-vrf-lite/

Don't forget to rate all helpful post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card