cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Module is failed

Ricky S
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all, we have approx. 70 Cisco 1941W routers deployed in our company. I used to be able to console into the internet wireless AP by issuing the below command

service-module wlan-ap0 session

However lately this hasn't been working and AP just simply refuses connection. Here is what I have for Status. I have tried reseting the Service Module to no avail. Please advise.

Router#service-module wlan-ap0 status

Service Module is Cisco wlan-ap0

Service Module supports session via TTY line 67

Service Module is failed

Service Module reset on error is disabled

Service Module heartbeat-reset is enabled

Service Module is in fail open

Service Module status is not available

3 Replies 3

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like maybe the WLC card has bit the dust .  Open a tac case and get there opinion and then get it replaced.

Shafiek75_2
Level 1
Level 1

I was experiencing the same issue and error (connection refused by 192.168.1.30 2066,  ip address and the reverse tenlet port of the Wlan-Ap). Checked the status and had same information as you did.  As the message says (connetion refused), so i cleared the line (66 in this case) and then tried again.   It worked.   So try clearing your internal line and then test again.   Command  is  below

Router#clear line 67 ( in your case it is 67)

confirm

Ricky S
Level 3
Level 3

This issue has been resolved. It turned out, for some reason, line 67 was set to accept incoming connection via SSH only. I had to change it to telnet in order to be able to access the built-in AP.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card