Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Setting timezone recurring varibales on 2940-8TF

We are modifying all our Cisco gear to adapt to the new daylight savings time. However, on the 2940-8TF switch, when we issue the command:

switch(config)#clock summer-time CDT recurring 2 Sun Mar 2:00 1 Sun Nov 2:00

this is what we see when we do a show run: clock summer-time CDT recurring

It doesn't refect the additional variables we configured. Now this is on a crypto enabled IOS (c2940-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA9.bin).

We have some 2940s that do NOT have the crypto enabled IOS (c2940-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA6.bin) and the variables ARE relfected in a show run.

Anyone have any ideas? Is the output being truncated on the newer IOS?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Re: Setting timezone recurring varibales on 2940-8TF

Paul

While I keep expecting Cisco to release code that reflects the new dates as the default, I have not seen an announcement about that. I have checked the release notes for the release that you are running and the release notes do not indicate any changes about daylight savings time.

Would you be able to set up a test with one of your switches? Perhaps take one of the switches, temporarily disable NTP (if you are running NTP on them), and do a manual clock set to set the time to be just shortly before the change should take place, let the switch run through that time and look to see if it adjusted the time according to the old default or according to the new default?

Of course you could also open a case with the TAC asking about this behavior. If you do open a case and get an answer, we would appreciate it if you would post the results back to the forum.

HTH

Rick

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Paul

While I keep expecting Cisco to release code that reflects the new dates as the default, I have not seen an announcement about that. I have checked the release notes for the release that you are running and the release notes do not indicate any changes about daylight savings time.

Would you be able to set up a test with one of your switches? Perhaps take one of the switches, temporarily disable NTP (if you are running NTP on them), and do a manual clock set to set the time to be just shortly before the change should take place, let the switch run through that time and look to see if it adjusted the time according to the old default or according to the new default?

Of course you could also open a case with the TAC asking about this behavior. If you do open a case and get an answer, we would appreciate it if you would post the results back to the forum.

HTH

Rick

Great suggestion. I disabled NTP, adjusted the clock to 2 minutes before 02:00 on the new daylight savings time date (March 11, 2007) and at 2 the clock jumped to 03:00. So it looks like the daylight savings time date is defaulted in the NEW(er) IOS.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Paul

Thank you for doing the test and for posting back the results. It is good to know that the default values were changed in the newer versions of code (even if the release notes do not mention it).

Also thank you for marking the problem as solved (and for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read the description of a problem and know that a solution to the problem was found.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content