Setup, can't solve the last puzzle.

Solved (:

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

Can you connect you DSL modem to a L2 switch port? If yes, I would connect it to a port say Fa 0/24 in a Vlan XX.

The easiest config that I would do if rather than having Fa0/24 configured as your L3 port, I would create another vlan for this segment where your 62.20.10.x addresses reside. Connect all the devices in that Vlan and it should be able to communicate with the ISP router.

interface Vlan XX

ip address 62.20.10.2 255.255.255.240

no shutdown

You can uplink the L2 switch via access or trunk link to have all the devices connected to this vlan XX on all the switches. It should work without much of the issue.

Cheers,

-amit singh

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin,

Can you connect you DSL modem to a L2 switch port? If yes, I would connect it to a port say Fa 0/24 in a Vlan XX.

The easiest config that I would do if rather than having Fa0/24 configured as your L3 port, I would create another vlan for this segment where your 62.20.10.x addresses reside. Connect all the devices in that Vlan and it should be able to communicate with the ISP router.

interface Vlan XX

ip address 62.20.10.2 255.255.255.240

no shutdown

You can uplink the L2 switch via access or trunk link to have all the devices connected to this vlan XX on all the switches. It should work without much of the issue.

Cheers,

-amit singh

If I understand you correctly, you need to connect a web server (PWEB) to the Internet.

For this, you have a configured L3 switch and a L2 switch available.

IP address plan is matching for all components.

I would say you can connect the L2 switch between the L3 switch fa0/24 and the router fa0/0.

You can then attach the web server to the correct subnet by creating a group of three ports in the same vlan.

When the web server has the L3 switch <62.20.10.2> as def-gw, it will be accessible from all subnets on this switch and it can also reach the Internet.

regards,

Leo

Community Member

Thank you guys, I will try your solutions.

Cheers Martin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content