Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

setup switch 3548 for etherchannel

I want to setup 3548's 2 gbic ports as etherchannel to get a bigger bandwidth. But I can not find channel-group command in 3548. Searching internet said 3508 and 3548 are capable of etherchannel. Is is correct? Please help.

3548's IOS is c3500XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5-XU.bin.

Thanks a lot.

4 REPLIES

Re: setup switch 3548 for etherchannel

Try using the following command.

"port group X"

Thanks,

Jake

is "port group" same as etherchannel to provide a bigger bandwidth as well as redundency?

Purple

It is etherchannel , port group is just the command you put on the interfaces to make it work. This was the syntax they used way back a dozen years ago when the 3548 was released.

I am now considering to use some other fibre switches next lined to 3508 (as it is not supported), basically I want to connect all my edge switches 3548-XL to the core switch with fibre leads, some of 3548 could be linked with 2 fibre connections (etherchannelled to the core fibre switch).

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

for example I think 2 x 3750G-12S stacking together. But can 3548-XL's gbic link to 3750's SFT (small gbic) port? special fibre lead?

Another question: can 3548's 2 gbic ports (port grouped) be connect to ports on different 3750G-12S, ie. can etherchannelling go across different switches?

Thanks for help.

Gping

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content