cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sFlow to find out top-talker on nexus switches

satish.txt1
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco ASR1k and running netflow to find out top-talker, mostly we used "show ip flow" command line to find out top-talker.

Question:

Recently we deploy some Nexus 9300 switches and going to configure sFlow, so question is does sFlow also support top-talker like netflow? 

6 Replies 6

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not looking for collector tool, i want command line to find top-talker, i already have nfsen tool to find top talker.

I am looking for command line option to find top flow in nexus switch, I know how to do that on netflow but i am new in sFlow world so no idea how to do that.

Diana Karolina Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

You can see the next guide in page 9 maybe this is what you are looking for https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/fnetflow/configuration/xe-3se/5700/fnf-xe-3se-5700-book/cgf-topn.pdf

----Do not forget to rate/mark useful answers.----

Best Regards,

Thanks Diana,

Your link talking about netflow, Does sflow also work same way and support following command on nexus switch?

show flow monitor foo-monitor cache sort counter bytes top 10

I have configure sflow on my nexus 9300 switch and i am not seeing above command option

swt-n9k# show flow?
                          ^
% Invalid parameter detected at '^' marker.

My requirement is to find out top IP from command line ( we don't have collector server and we don't want that, it's easy in netflow supported device, i want same feature in sflow supported device)

Nexus *not* IOS-XE ...

Hi,

Have you found the solution for your task, please?

Is it possible to find top-talkers on L2 Nexus switch 5000 series? We use it as L2 only - no routing used.

ACL configured on physical interface with log statement dont show any hits.

Thank you

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card