cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP-10G-ER on Catalyst 3750-X

grodoni
Level 1
Level 1

SFP-10G-ER are not supported on Catalyst 3750-X and on other switches ....

%PHY-4-SFP_NOT_SUPPORTED: The SFP in Gi1/1/1 is not supported

Why ?

When will ER be supported ?

thx.

19 Replies 19

We send our GBIC back to SMART OPTICS via the supplier we bought them off and they reporgramed them to report -LR when queried instead of -ER

These have been working ok now for 6 months with out issue.

Note the GBICS we are using are not CISCO ones.  They are SMART OPTICS branded as we needed different frequencies (cisco dont sell these).  There go into an optical  multiplexer  3 x 10 Gig links and 2x 1 Gig links on 1 fibre..

http://smartoptics.biz/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/SO-SFP-10GE-ER-Dxxxx-B1.pdf

Charles

Anyone got them working by enabling use of unsupported transcievers with the following commands without reprogramming them:

service unsupported-transceiver
no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid

I just brought a few 3560X-24T-S switches with C3KX-NM-10G modules and some Sweden Telecom SFP-10G-ER SFPs (Based on XGIGA SFPs I think) but am having trouble getting them to work. With the above commands the switches accepts the SFPs and don't go into err-disabled mode, but only on one of the switches and only in the second slot (Te1/2) the SFPs start to transmit. In Te1/1 and both Te1/1 and Te1/2 on my second switch they just show Tx = -40.0.

I've tried with 3 different SFPs with the same behaiviour. I'm thinking about asking Sweden Telecom to reprogram them to report -LR for me as well to see if it makes any difference.

Anyone else seens this behaviour?

- Mathias

I can confirm 15.0.2(SE) supports the -ER optics.  I loaded it onto a 3560E and put the SFP+ into a OneX adapter, and it recognized it and was happy.  I also checked the 3750X with the 10G Network Module, and it was happy there too.  Yay and Finally!

Thanks for the heads up.  I'm going to start testing this version! 

Hi guys,

we finally order a SFP+-ER reflashed as SFP+ - LR in order that the 3560X accepts the SFP+. Now, with the 15.0.2 version, we are worried if Cisco has done something to make the SFP+ incompatible.

Did someone tested the SFP+ reflashed with the 15.0.2(SE) version?

Regards!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card