Helpful
Replies

SFP Module cisco 3750 Switch

mahesh-gohil
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I had cisco 3750 switch

and sfp module inserted is GLC-SX-MM but as I am not able to detect it via show inventory.

Pl. guide

regards

mhaesh

8 Replies 8

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Are you using Third party SFP modules or Cisco make ?

also are you seeing any error logs on your switch ?

if possible do post the output of show version and show inventory here..

regds

ya i am using cisco made sfp module and sh inventory and sh ver attached for your reference

do reply

it's urgent

regards

mahesh

hi

did u try swapping the sfp in some other chassis ?

regds

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Are you using Third party SFP modules or Cisco make ?

also are you seeing any error logs on your switch ?

if possible do post the output of show version and show inventory here..

regds

sorry but i have no other chassis

I have two sfp module and tried with change it to other port with same chassis

regards

mahesh

I wonder nobody is there to reply

Regards

Mahesh

Mahesh,

I have come across a lots of cased like this where there is not solution to the problem that you are facing. This is directly related to the lack of featureset in the IOS. I have come across a bug which lists the same symptom. This may not be directly link to your case but its one problem that can be linked:

CSCei33920

Output of sho inventory does not display certain SFPs:

HTH,

-amit singh

d-mark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

when inserted the SFP module in one port take a look at the output of "show interface gigabitethernetX/Y" watch for a line (I think it is line 5) including the word "media", there should be a short description of the SFP. Also look at the first line of "show interface gigabitethernetX/Y" it could be that the SFP doesn't work in the switch (maybe because it is a none cisco one) then there would be something like "err-disabled". And if you have logging enabled on the switch (e.g. logging buffered 8192 debugging) then there should be an error message also.

The command "show idprom interface gigabitethernetX/Y" shows information about the SFP module in slotX/Y.

HTH

regards

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card