Views
Helpful
Replies

SG 200-26P - Can't access web interface from different subnet

stephen-smalley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've got a shiny new SG 200 26P which seems to work fine operationally.

H

owever, when I am trying to access the web interface from a different IP subnet, the web brower just times out.

If I put my PC on the same IP subnet, it works just fine.

From the other subnet, I can ping the switch fine.

The default gateway is set on the switch, and from the web interface I can ping and dns resolve other hosts and on the internet.

I've tried to create a management profile to 'allow all from everywhere' basically, but still no luck.

I'm completely stumped.  I've tried to reset to firmware defaults, and I'm now runinng the latest firmware.

I woudl suppose that the switch would allow itself to be managed via the web interface from all subnets by default.

Any thoughts?  The fact that the switch can ping internet hosts makes be believe it's own default gateway and IP are all ok and working.. (and I can ping it from anywhere in my network)

It must be something to do with the management access configuration.  I have it wide open.

Should I need to do anything special to manage this switch via the web from an another IP subnet?

thanks

4 Replies 4

klevy
Level 1
Level 1

Are you certain that HTTP or HTTPS is being properly routed (and permitted)to the switch? Just the fact that you can pass ICMP traffic doesn't mean other sources are allowed. How is traffic routed between subnets?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi, there are no restrictions on the protocol's between the subnets.  The router is a simple RV016.  From the switch's subnet I can browse the internet or access web services on the other internal subnets and vice-versa.

klevy
Level 1
Level 1

ACLs are both inbound and outbound. Successful traffic flow in one direction is no guarantee of flow in the other. Check your ACLs, please. To which port is the management switch interface connected?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

There are no ACL's of any kind.  Everything is set to any-any.  I've been using port 1 on the switch to connect to it, but  I've tried others and got the same results.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card