Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

SG300 20 Port and RV180

Hi There

I am looking for some advice as i am very new to the configuration aspect of network switches and routers, i have an RV180 router connected to a SG300-20 switch which then connects digital signage hosts together.

They are basic linux based small form factor PC behind Large LED displays, with a master Publisher that manages the other subscribers (1 Publisher and 8 Subscribers).

So i am only Connecting at most 10 of the 20 ports of the switch, i currently have the RV180 connected to a ISP Modem and now have internet access to all the devices on the network for such things as Rss Feed, Weather and News etc, The Main publisher host has an in built tuner card so it can stream video (Digital Freeview or FreeSat) to the subscribers, Packet format is Mpeg(Ts)/UDP/IP/Ethernet(Multicast) and also using SAP protocol announcements.

Basically iam looking for a recommended config setup for the switch and the router, as out of the box Vlan 1 just seems to work but i feel there must be a better way to configure and deploy this setup.

Many Thanks for any Help

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Blue

SG300 20 Port and RV180

Craig

This forum deals with Cisco Enterprise switches and routers. You have a small business switch and router. No offense intended but there are specific forums for these and you should probably post there where people have the expertise to help you -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business

Use the box on the right hand side to pick the appropriate forum.

Jon

SG300 20 Port and RV180

HI Jon

Yeah sorry for that just notice, thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content