cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300 No Internet Access on new VLANs

ssbauer3275
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup VLAN's in the company I work for and I am almost there but missing the part when the internet works.

I have an SG300 as a L3 Router IP 192.168.0.93

I have created VLAN20 and VLAN40

Assigned VLAN20 192.168.2.1 and VLAN40 192.168.4.1

The static routes have been created and a default router going to the Sonicwall firewall at 192.168.0.1

Port 24 is configured as Untagged VLAN1, Untagged VLAN20 and VLAN40 in trunk mode and going to the Sonicwall NSA 2400

Port 22 is configured as Untagged VLAN1, Tagged VLAN20 and VLAN40 and plugged in using a crossover to a Linksys L2 switch on Port G1 which is configured as Untagged VLAN1, Tagged VLAN20 and VLAN40

Port 23 is configured as Untagged VLAN1, Tagged VLAN40 and VLAN40 and plugged in using a crossover to a Linksys L2 switch on Port G1 which is configured as Untagged VLAN1, Tagged VLAN20 and VLAN40

Working to move all 192.168.0.x network off of VLAN1 and move it a management switch

I have DHCP helper on pointing to the DHCP server

Both VLAN's once the DHCP server is configured to Gateway 192.168.0.93 can get an IP from the correct subnet either 192.168.2.x or 192.168.4.x

All PC's are getting a GW IP of 192.168.2.1 pr 192.168.4.1

All test PC's on both VLAN's can ping each other and any server with the correct GW

When I try to ping google.com or open a web page and try google.com it times out.

I am not understanding how my LAN works by no internet traffic does.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The most likely explanation of your problem is that your firewall Sonicwall does have address translation configured for 192.168.0.0 network but does not have address translation for the other new networks. The solution would be to add address translations on Sonicwall for the new networks.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The most likely explanation of your problem is that your firewall Sonicwall does have address translation configured for 192.168.0.0 network but does not have address translation for the other new networks. The solution would be to add address translations on Sonicwall for the new networks.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I have been racking my brain for days and even had Sonicwall on the phone.  Thanks for your help.

I am glad that my suggestion led to a solution for your problem. Thank you for using the rating system to mark this question as answered. It makes the forum more useful when participants can read a question and can know that a solution was found. Your marking has contributed to this process.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card