Views
Helpful
Replies

sg500-52 I need 4 ports for optical fibre

matejbenuska87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have got Cisco SG500-52 switch. There is 4 GBIC ports (it looks the same). I need to connect 3 other switches via optical fibre . If i put 3 GBIC inside, it is working only two. (there is no lights on third port )

It is possible to change ports mode to use with 3-4 optical GBIC for connect with more than 2 switches ?

please, help me

(sorry for my english, if you dont dont understand what i mean, i can try to descripe my problem more)        

3 Replies 3

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Matej, remove the switch from stack mode to stand alone. Remember the 5 gig ports are combo port.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hello Tom

I have tried change mode to standalone (you can see it in screenshot). But my switch was not reacheble anymore via browser. So i had to do a reset switch to factory default.

Do you have any ideas what was happen ?

I also changed the mode to standalone, rebooted. Now I can't access the switch. What exactly happens when the switch is put into standalone?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card