Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SGE2000P Stack Port & Combo GBIC Port Questions

I am looking for some information on the Stack and GBIC ports on the SGE2000P.  I have reviewed the documentation on the Cisco site, with no luck.

Stack Ports
--------------

1. Am I correct that, in order to use the stacking ports, I have to give up using ports 12 and 24 for normal Ethernet connectivity?

2. Assuming I set up the stack in a ring format, what is the switch-to-switch throughput?

3. In a ring format, do the switches communicate over both stack ports at the same time, or is it active/passive?

Combo GBIC Ports

-----------------------

1. What is the model number of the SFP GBIC recommended for these switches?  (I am used to the Cisco GLC-SX-MM for my Cisco Catalyst switches, but many vendors have been quoting the MGBSX1 instead.  Will either work?)

2. Since these are “combo” ports, do I have to give up one Gig Ethernet port for each GBIC port used?

3. If so, does each GBIC port have a specific Gig Ethernet port that it corresponds with?  What are they?

Thanks,

jrtimmons

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies