Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

sh run output anomaly.

Has anyone ever seen this before? I did a show run and I get this ..

router eigrp 1

network 10.0.0.0

passive-interface default

no passive-interface GigabitEthernet0/1

no passive-interface Tunnel0

When someone else who was in the router did the sh run command they seen this.

router eigrp 1

network 10.0.0.0

passive-interface default

no passive-interface GigabitEthernet0/1

I cannot explain it at all. I have never seen anything like that happen before. Yet sure enough Eigrp was giving me grief for an hour trying to figure out why the tunnel would not neighbor up. Soon as the "no passive-interface Tunnel0' was added, poof it came up. Everytime I checked and rechecked that statement was there. I even removed eigrp and added it back a few times with that same result.

4 REPLIES

sh run output anomaly.

I would have to test this, so I'm just throwing it out there hoping it will stick. Do you run privilege levels in the router? If so, are your privilege levels different from the person who couldn't see the tunnel interface under the process? If so, the person who couldn't see it may not have the rights to be able to show anything to do with the tunnel interface.

Otherwise, I've never seen this before.

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

sh run output anomaly.

No we are the same privilege level.  I have been doing this for a long time I have never been so mad or looked so foolish.

sh run output anomaly.

What happens if you do a "sh run /all | s router eigrp" under both? Does it show up then? Maybe it's an IOS issue.

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts *** I

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

sh run output anomaly.

Yeah that is the funny thing I cannot reproduce the error. It is up and working on a active location so I can't goof around with it anymore. At this point it is a ghost. I can neither reproduce or validate it at this point. Since the other person entered the command I was already seeing and it is up there is no way to prove that it even happened. Hence why I came here hoping someone seen this before.

I copied the config from Excel pasted it into the router. Like I have done 10000 times. when it would not come up I removed the eigrp process and pasted it back in complete with the no passive statements. From both Excel and from the router output. Since I must have removed eigrp entirely like 5 different times. and each time I pasted everything back in.

Each and everytime I would see it in there yet no eigrp on the T0 interface.

Views
Helpful
Replies