Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Shape Average versus Shaped Round Robin Commands

What is the difference between these two commands on an interface as to how it does shaping? Can either be used to accomplish the same thing if I have a 100Mbps port speed with multiple VLANs on the port and I must shape to 10Mbps per VLAN to meet a contract the carrier Metro Ethernet service? The 3750 ME switch allows the shape average command to be used on the ES ports but I am wondering if the same shaping can be gained by using SRR.

1 REPLY

Re: Shape Average versus Shaped Round Robin Commands

SRR can be configred in shaped or shared mode. Shared will allow a class to use all available BW if it is unused by the designated class. Shaped mode will not allow this but performs a strict limit to each class queue.

I could not see the shape average command in the DOC CD command index for the 3750 and don't have one to play with to check!

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3560/12225see/scg/swqos.htm#wp1284809

Views
Helpful
Replies