Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Shared Infrastructure on Nexus 5020 and Nexus 2248

Hi

We are creating a shared Network infrastructure, the setup is in High Availability.

MPLS >> Router >> Nexus 7010 >> Nexus 5020 >> Nexus 2248 >> Server 1/ Customer 1  ( Ip Address :- 172.28.64.94 )

|                  |                         |                    |

MPLS >> Router >> Nexus 7010 >> Nexus 5020 >> Nexus 2248 >> Server 2/ Customer 2  ( Ip Address :- 172.28.64.94 )

If i want a Share Infrastructure,

For eg Server 1 and Server 2 are both teamed and connected to Cisco 2248 and having the same Ip Address, but they belong to different customers.

At the MPLS side, i can have different vrf for each customers - No problem

At the Nexus 7010, i can run vrf and still segregate the traffic.

The problem that i see is that Nexus 5020 and Nexus 2248 are Layer 2 Switches,

how do i segregate traffic between them till the end?

How does Nexus 5020 react to same IP Address on the servers at the end?

Help really appreciated.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Shared Infrastructure on Nexus 5020 and Nexus 2248

rahulja@hclcomnet.co.in

Hi

We are creating a shared Network infrastructure, the setup is in High Availability.

MPLS >> Router >> Nexus 7010 >> Nexus 5020 >> Nexus 2248 >> Server 1/ Customer 1  ( Ip Address :- 172.28.64.94 )

MPLS >> Router >> Nexus 7010 >> Nexus 5020 >> Nexus 2248 >> Server 2/ Customer 2  ( Ip Address :- 172.28.64.94 )

If i want a Share Infrastructure,

For eg Server 1 and Server 2 are both teamed and connected to Cisco 2248 and having the same Ip Address, but they belong to different customers.

At the MPLS side, i can have different vrf for each customers - No problem

At the Nexus 7010, i can run vrf and still segregate the traffic.

The problem that i see is that Nexus 5020 and Nexus 2248 are Layer 2 Switches,

how do i segregate traffic between them till the end?

How does Nexus 5020 react to same IP Address on the servers at the end?

Help really appreciated.

Think of N5K/N2K as normal Layer-2 switches, how would you achieve what you need with normal switches? You use separate VLANs to do this and put the SVI of each VLAN in a unique VRF on the N7K. The N5K/N2K do not need to know the IP Addresses of the servers as they will perform Layer-2 switching by learning the MAC Addresses.

By the way N7K currently does not support MPLS so you will use VRF-Lite on N7K for maintaining the required separation. I guess you already knew that but just putting it out there in case you did not.

Atif

Views
Helpful
Replies