Views
Helpful
Replies

sharing per-packet unsupported?

mandreano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

why is load-sharing per-packet unsupported in 12.2(25)? Is there a replacement?

thx

best regards

3 Replies 3

ebanks2006
Level 1
Level 1

Are you referring to ip cef load-sharing per-packet, or are you trying to tweak the etherchannel load-balancing method? Do a "show ver" so that we can see the exact version of IOS you're running (it may be a limitation of standard versus enhanced image), and the actual command you're typing in.

I mean the interface configuration command "ip load-sharing per-packet".

I found this:

,-

|Unsupported Interface Configuration Commands

|ip load-sharing [per-packet]

`-

Source: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps646/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00802cb7e4.html

show version:

Cisco IOS Software, C3750 Software (C3750-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(25)SEE, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

Copyright (c) 1986-2006 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

Compiled Fri 03-Feb-06 07:59 by antonino

Image text-base: 0x00003000, data-base: 0x0123D8D4

ROM: Bootstrap program is C3750 boot loader

BOOTLDR: C3750 Boot Loader (C3750-HBOOT-M) Version 12.1(14r)EA1a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

DRSSWT001 uptime is 24 weeks, 2 days, 12 hours, 42 minutes

System returned to ROM by power-on

System image file is "flash:/c3750-advipservicesk9-mz.122-25.SEE.bin"

This product contains cryptographic features and is subject to United

States and local country laws governing import, export, transfer and

use. Delivery of Cisco cryptographic products does not imply

third-party authority to import, export, distribute or use encryption.

Importers, exporters, distributors and users are responsible for

compliance with U.S. and local country laws. By using this product you

agree to comply with applicable laws and regulations. If you are unable

to comply with U.S. and local laws, return this product immediately.

best regards,

Okay, so that's ip cef load-sharing that you're talking about. I agree that the command "ip load-sharing" just doesn't seem to be there. It doesn't matter if the 3750 IOS is IP BASE or IP ADVANCED. It doesn't matter if CEF is on or not, or if the 3750 is "ip routing" or not. I just checked, as we run all of these flavors in our environment.

That all tells me that the command not being there is a platform limitation. I did find something interesting, though. It appears that you can tweak the load-balancing for CEF using this command:

ip cef load-sharing algorithm

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fswtch_r/xrfscmd2.htm#wp1062329

However, the subsequent keywords are not "per-destination" and "per-packet". Take a look, as it may have an impact on whatever the problem is that you're trying to resolve.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card