cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shortcut key to break out of telnet sessions?

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All,

I can telnet from Router A -> B -> C -> D.

Now, from router D, I can ctrl-shift-6-x and get back to router A. Router A will show one connection to router B. How, if even possible, would I be able to break from Router D to Router C without quitting the telnet session? Is there a keystroke that will let you do that?

Also, does anyone (Edison?) have a list of Cisco supported, undocumented keystrokes? I've looked and can't find much on it.

Thanks,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

To get back to the device you telneted from per your example from D to C;

Do this:

control-shift-6

Then

control-shift-6-x

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

John,

I can't address your first issue at the moment, I'll have to investigate.

On your second request, this URL contains the most commonly used keystrokes while using the CLI

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/fundamentals/configuration/guide/cf_cli-basics_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks Edison! I look forward to hearing what you find out. =)

John

To get back to the device you telneted from per your example from D to C;

Do this:

control-shift-6

Then

control-shift-6-x

That did it :)

Thanks!

I know this is a very old post but I can't get your solution to work on 12.4(15) t1.  I used to be able to change the break key using an ascii number if I remember that correctly, but it seems like the ability to do that has been removed.  So the break sequence I remember is to press ctrl + shift + 6 then release and hit x. This works but pressing ctrl + shift + 6 then ctrl + shift + 6 then x still breaks back to the first router in the chain.  Maybe I am doing something wrong?!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card