cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Should I make more room to install 4507 switch (12U)?

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

Guys, I see that a 4507 requires 12U of physical space in the rack. On the bottom of my rack I have 12U available. If I move other appliances on that rack around, I can make more room.

So my question is, is there any need to operate with more than 12U for a 4507 switch, or am I OK with 12U only? I need to justify this so that the technicians can move other appliances to other racks if we determine I have practical reasons to expect more than 12U for this 4507 switch. I never installed a 4507 before so that I checking just to make sure.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

srue
Level 7
Level 7

aside from some wiggle room, i dont see any reason...maybe provide 1U above and below so youre sure to fit it in. there are no fan issues though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

srue
Level 7
Level 7

aside from some wiggle room, i dont see any reason...maybe provide 1U above and below so youre sure to fit it in. there are no fan issues though.

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Agree with Steven. I always leave 1U for some room. Many devices are advertised as xU but they usually consume another U with excessive metal in the top or bottom.

The 4507 does not have any excessive metal so it fits quite well with 12U.

You need to verify what device is located in the top or bottom on that rack.

__

Edison.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card