Views
Helpful
Replies

Show ip protocols not showing anything

michellejskolly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

For an assignment in a class I am taking I created a simple network using GNS3 and set up static routing. Everything works fine, I can ping all of the hosts.

One of the questions I am supposed to fill out is what happens when I use the "show ip route" and "show ip protocols" commands. When I use "show ip route" I get what seems to be the correct output. However when I use the "show ip protocols" command nothing happens. No output, no error, no nothing. It just goes right back to the prompt. This happens exactly the same on both routers in my network. incase it matters the router is c3640. If I need any to give any more detailed information please let me know.

thanks,

Michelle

PS. would the output be non-existent because I have not set up any ip protocols. In a similar assignment I set up rip and when I used "show ip protocols" i did get what appeared to be the correct output. However I didn't write it down and when I put in the command again about an hour later after I took a break I also did not get an output until I re-entered the rip related commands.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

siddhartham
Level 4
Level 4

sh ip protocols command is used to verify the information about routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP) .Since you are using static routes it won't produce any output.

Siddhartha

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

siddhartham
Level 4
Level 4

sh ip protocols command is used to verify the information about routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP) .Since you are using static routes it won't produce any output.

Siddhartha

Ok. thankyou. I thought maybe I would get a message that there are no protocols running or something. But since nothing is supposed to happen that means I didn't screw anything up. Thanks alot for your speedy reply.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card