Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Shut down ports not in use for a specified time frame. sl_suspend_ports.tcl script is not working.

Dears,

I am trying to use the scripts sl_suspend_ports.tcl and  tm_suspend_ports.tcl as attached. I have taken these scripts from this Cisco forum. However tm_suspend_ports.tcl script is working absolutely fine. But it seems sl_suspend_ports.tcl ssripts is not working, it is not removing the up ports from suspend_ports. I have tested the below scenario, I am seeing that sl_suspend_ports.tcl is not working. Please find the scenario below.

I am running the scripts in an 8 port Cisco 3560 switch. I made not shut all the ports. As of now all the ports are enabled,, but  not connected with any devices. I confiured the suspend_ports_days as 2.

Day-0

Script ran at 00:00 time, stored all the inactive ports in suspend-port

Day-1

Script ran agian at 00:00 , again stored all the inactive ports in suspend_port.

Note:- I enabled fast ethernet 0/6 switch port after ran this script, after then made this port down. One syslog has been auto logged for this by saying that this port was enabeld and down.

day-2

Script ran again at 00:00 time, it disabled all the port.

Ideally it should not be disable the port Fast ethernet0/6 as I enabeld the port on the first day after ran the script. I think sl_suspend_ports script is not working,  as per my understanding this script should monitor the syslog port up message and remove this  interface from suspend_port file. I attached both of the script below. Kindly let me know how to achieve this syslog up message tracking.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content