Replies

Simple routing issue .. I guess

deephazz01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Here is my problem :

My network is as follow :

(1)Router [static routing] - serial - (2)Router [OSPF bb area] - serial - (3)Router [OSPF area 101

- serial - (2)Router [OSPF bb area] - serial - (3)Router [OSPF area 201]

I have no routing protocol on lvl(1)router, lvl(2) and lvl(3) router are running ospf.

From the backbone area everything works fine, I can reach every single subnets and host int the OSPF areas.

From the lvl(1) routeur I can only reach the directly connected router (the 2 connected bb router).

It's impossible to reach host on the area 101 and 201.

I guess it very simple but i don't understand why packets are not forwarded

to area 201 and 101 when they arrive on the bb routers.

Rgds.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As the previous poster indicated the problem appears to be the return path. The routers in OSPF area 101 & 201 probably do not know how to route back to the network(s) connected to Router1. You can either add static route on Router2 to get to network(s) connected to Router1 and redistribute it into OSPF or enable OSPF on Router1 to address this problem.

HTH

Sundar

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi there,

Did you do redistribution for the static routes into OSPF in order to reach area 101 and 201?

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

As the previous poster indicated the problem appears to be the return path. The routers in OSPF area 101 & 201 probably do not know how to route back to the network(s) connected to Router1. You can either add static route on Router2 to get to network(s) connected to Router1 and redistribute it into OSPF or enable OSPF on Router1 to address this problem.

HTH

Sundar

Hello,

well you're right I did not completely configured the network. It's working now :)

Thank you for your answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card