Views
Helpful
Replies

slavesup-bootdisk: file system blocked

jorge.calvo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It seems I have the standby supervisor flash memory file system blocked whilst the sup-boodisk: file system is fine on the primary supervisor card

C6509#dir slavesup-bootdisk:
%Error opening slavesup-bootdisk:/ (Device or resource busy)

Both supervisors are WS-SUP720-3B and I was able to access the secondary one flash: yesterday.

Is there any command to make it accessible again without having to reload the supervisor itself or issuing the format slavesup-bootdisk: command?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jorge,

No harm in trying to format it. Since "dir" command report "resource is busy", I am not sure if you will be able to format it.

Let me know results.

Send complete results of "sh mod" and "sh ver | inc IOS"

- Yogesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Yogesh Ramdoss
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jorge,

Please check "show file system" and see if the switch see slavesup-bootdisk: and file systems size is listed (and not "-").

If it is not recognized, may I know if you are running any EEM/Tcl script that access this file system more often ?

Did you check LEDs of slavesup ?

- Yogesh

Hello,

Thanks for your quick reply. In fact the disk size is not being recongized:

-           -      disk     rw   slavesup-bootdisk: slavesup-bootflash:

I am not runing any EEM or TCL script.

I am not onsite so I cannot check the LED status. I quess my only solution is to format the disk.

Cheers.

Jorge,

No harm in trying to format it. Since "dir" command report "resource is busy", I am not sure if you will be able to format it.

Let me know results.

Send complete results of "sh mod" and "sh ver | inc IOS"

- Yogesh

Hello,

I finally had to reboot the standby supervisor card to recover the access to the flash.

Regards.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card