cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slot selection in a 7613 for SM installation

Justin Shore
Level 1
Level 1

I couldn't find a general hardware group so I'm posting here instead.

Besides the use of slots 7 & 8 for Sups, is there any other backplane or power consideration for installing other SMs in a 7613? I'd like to physically rearrange the SMs in our new chassis' to put the SMs without external interfaces near the bottom and the ones with external interfaces closer to the top where they can be seen and reached easier. The SMs I'm talking about are the 6748 & 6724 (both with DFCs), FWSM, ISDM, ACE, SSC-400, and a single Sup720-3BXL per chassis.

Thanks

Justin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Justin,

6724 are the single channel modules and should work in any slot.But I had faced a issue once where it didnot work in any slot from 1-8, I had to place it in slot 9 and it worked for me.6748 has to be placed only from slot-9-13. Sup720-3BXL will only go only in either slot7 or 8. FWSM,ISDM,ACE,SSC-400 can be placed in any slot.

HTH,Plesae rate if it does.

-amit singh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

a12288
Level 3
Level 3

for those classic SM, like FWSM, I would put them in single-channel slot to save dual-channels for those DFC modules or line cards.

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Justin,

6724 are the single channel modules and should work in any slot.But I had faced a issue once where it didnot work in any slot from 1-8, I had to place it in slot 9 and it worked for me.6748 has to be placed only from slot-9-13. Sup720-3BXL will only go only in either slot7 or 8. FWSM,ISDM,ACE,SSC-400 can be placed in any slot.

HTH,Plesae rate if it does.

-amit singh

Justin Shore
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for both replies. I didn't realize that the 6748 only worked in 9-13. I'll have to adjust to use those slots accordingly. I think I'll still leave the 6724 in #1 just to put some space between my fiber and copper paths into and out of my wire management.

Thanks again

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: