cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow response of application ...... Pls help ....

Dipesh Patel
Level 2
Level 2

Dear all,

We have many industrial application server s connected to 3750 Sw- Its working good previously but since lasr 2 days We are getting slow responce from the application. When I have pinf from one server in one vlan to other server in other vlan it's working fine . Than what may be the problem ????

Another thing today i have seen that the server conected to SW 3750 also getting break once ......

pls help soon

5 Replies 5

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dipesh,

Getting slow response ??? what is the traffic flow which means that from where you are launching this application. How many devices in the middle? have you checked the device interfaces in the middle for any errors/logs etc.

If you pinging the servers across the vlan and getting the response fine that means that the traffic on the 3750 is fine.

-amit singh

Dear,

I have checked but it shows normal everything.

I suspect the problem of traffic but how can i trace that which host creat this traffic ...???

muca
Level 3
Level 3

This is a difficult answer, and in my opinion one of the most annoying and difficult problems to solve...it could be the server, the application, the switch etc...

Have you checked server as well, for things such as CPU, memory...?

Have you tried transferring files between servers?

Try an extended ping (from the switch), sending 1500 bytes packets to check connectivity between servers.

Hi

We can take a approach can you check the event log of the server are you getting any errors in it.

Secondly you can enable port fast on the switch port to avoid spanning tree problems .

If you know the port on which the server is connected

The check the switch port by sh interface x/x

if any errors

You can also check the duplex setting of the port and server Nic card and fix to 100 or gig depends on your requirment .

Check out and explain a bit more about the problem

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

Check duplex settings.

Did anything reboot recently, ossibly negotiating half duplex?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card