cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow Server speed on teaming

Soumik Mondal
Level 1
Level 1

We are having some problem.We have Dell servers with win2008r2.Teaming configured with these servers.Previously all teamed port were connected to single switch.That  time no issue.But I have shifted one port to another switch for redundancy  .After that all the servers became very slow .Anybody faced this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mlund
Level 7
Level 7

If You have normal ethernet switches this will not work if the servers are configured for active/active, because the mac-address of the server will flap between the switches.

If You want to have redundancy, You have to configure the server for active/standby (active/passive), so only one link at the time is active.

If You wont both links to be active You have to connect to something that can handle active/ative links, such as nexus switches or a pair of vss switches or a switchstack.

/Mikael

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mlund
Level 7
Level 7

If You have normal ethernet switches this will not work if the servers are configured for active/active, because the mac-address of the server will flap between the switches.

If You want to have redundancy, You have to configure the server for active/standby (active/passive), so only one link at the time is active.

If You wont both links to be active You have to connect to something that can handle active/ative links, such as nexus switches or a pair of vss switches or a switchstack.

/Mikael

My problem solved after I put both active ports in same switch ....

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Can you confirm which teaming option you have selected within the Dell config?

Were you using a portchannel beforehand?

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card