cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow Server speed on teaming

Soumik Mondal
Level 1
Level 1

We are having some problem.We have Dell servers with win2008r2.Teaming configured with these servers.Previously all teamed port were connected to single switch.That  time no issue.But I have shifted one port to another switch for redundancy  .After that all the servers became very slow .Anybody faced this issue.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mlund
Level 7
Level 7

If You have normal ethernet switches this will not work if the servers are configured for active/active, because the mac-address of the server will flap between the switches.

If You want to have redundancy, You have to configure the server for active/standby (active/passive), so only one link at the time is active.

If You wont both links to be active You have to connect to something that can handle active/ative links, such as nexus switches or a pair of vss switches or a switchstack.

/Mikael

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mlund
Level 7
Level 7

If You have normal ethernet switches this will not work if the servers are configured for active/active, because the mac-address of the server will flap between the switches.

If You want to have redundancy, You have to configure the server for active/standby (active/passive), so only one link at the time is active.

If You wont both links to be active You have to connect to something that can handle active/ative links, such as nexus switches or a pair of vss switches or a switchstack.

/Mikael

My problem solved after I put both active ports in same switch ....

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Can you confirm which teaming option you have selected within the Dell config?

Were you using a portchannel beforehand?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: