cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

slow TFTP transfer from PC to router

firestartest
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 877w router and wanted to transfer a file onto the flash from my pc.

I ran 3CDaemon as the TFTP server.

My PC 192.168.1.10 and router 192.168.1.1

did the command "copy tftp://192.168.1.10/image.bin flash:" and

when it started transfering it took 83 secs to finish. The transfer bytes on 3CDaemon seemed to increase then pause then increase then pause and so on until it finished. File size is 977896 bytes.

Now when I tried to copy the same file from router to PC the transfer took 5 secs and the bytes counter increased without any pauses.

I have 1052672 bytes flash free. I have also tried booting with no config (apart from adding IP address to interface).

Tried from a laptop using 3CDaemon and using wireless link to transfer. Same problem occurs when copying from router to pc.

Anyone any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Use File Transfer Protocol (FTP) to copy the image file into the flash memory of the router.

Do you mean to test the difference in case FTP does the same? Or do you mean use FTP instead for future transfers?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card