Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Small FTTH/FTTP

Hi,

I'm involved in a small (rural) project building a FTTH/FTTP network (small, several hundred premesis, all served out of a single small CO, star fiber topology with point-to-point fiber between each premesis and the CO) and as much of my prior network experience involves Cisco equipment, I'm looking for pointers.

I see the Cisco ME 4924 information (which left me drooling a bit), but I'd love more info. It also left me wanting more ports so I wouldn't have to trunk multiple units together in a single rack. It supports multicast IP (required), and I can VLAN to my heart's content, but I didn't see MPLS support listed.

Does the 4929 support Cisco's 1000BASE-BX10-D SFP? Are there example designs with recommended downstream SFP modules, and what does cisco offer for the customer side termination?

And what are other Cisco alternatives (in particular things more economical)?

I'm new to this so appreciate any info. I do learn quickly and appreciate technical explanations and descriptions (I want to know each and every piece of equip. in my network, how it works, and how it's configured).

Thanks.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Small FTTH/FTTP

Cisco ME 4924 doesnt support 1000BASE-BX10-D SFP.By using Cisco ME switches for metro access and aggregation along with Cisco Catalyst 6500 and Catalyst 4500 Series Switches and Cisco 7600 Series routers in the aggregation/core layers, service providers can build a flexible, integrated network with end-to-end intelligence.Refer URL for more information

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7009/products_data_sheet0900aecd8052f36b.html

Views
Helpful
Replies