cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Smelly 3560-8PC ?

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

I am trying to track down a srong chemical smell in my office, like overheating electronics. I noticed it when I came in this (Monday) morning. (Thanks to my colleagues who suggested it was me ;-)!

The only warm eqipment I could find is a 3560-8PC which is about 2 months old. But that does have a warning label that it can get hot. Anyway, I would have thought that any volatile components would have worn off by now. In any case, there are only two phones connected to it.

There is also a ton of other equipment plus 5 techie colleagues, so I suppose it could be anything. But I would like to track it down before it catches fire ... especially if it is one of the colleagues. ;-)

Has anyone any experience of odour-emitting 3560-8PCs?

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

4 Replies 4

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Mystery solved. I had an old Fujitsu-Siemens PC running CiscoWorks in the corner of my office. We caught it just before it caught fire! ;-)

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

I guess it's time for a feature request, hopefully a MIB for smelly devices. not sure which severity level will be assigned :-)

Sam

Then the alarm would go off for all the 3750 stack cables, they truly stink when you get them out of the plastic wrappings, makes you wanna puke.

we just need to set a higher threshold :-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card