Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

some flash video does not play

Hello Experts,

I have a puzzling problem and need some pointers to solve it:

The BBC flash video on the page does not play on any internal computer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16069217

But, youtube, vimeo and other flash sites play without any problem. I am guessing that it is due to some configuration on the router (IPS is suspect).

Please advice what could be wrong.

Thank you very much!

4 REPLIES
Silver

kmigmar805 wrote:

Hello Experts,

I have a puzzling problem and need some pointers to solve it:

The BBC flash video on the page does not play on any internal computer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16069217

But, youtube, vimeo and other flash sites play without any problem. I am guessing that it is due to some configuration on the router (IPS is suspect).

Please advice what could be wrong.

Thank you very much!

Most content on the BBC's web site is geo-blocked - it will only play if you are actually conencting from an IP address which is actually IN the UK, however that doesn't seem to be one of them (I'm in .AU and it plays fine for me).

Is your browser giving any error? It's possibly there is some access list or blocking on the router or firewall, or that you are being caught in a BBC geoblock that doesn't hit me in .AU. Without seeing a more accurate error message or router configuration it's hard to say.

What happens when you try to traceroute to www.bbc.co.uk? Does it succeed? Can you ping the web site?

Cheers

Hi Darren,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply!

It looks like that geo-blocking is not applied to this video because I can access it from home.

There is not ACL that blocks bbc flash traffic on the router and the www.bbc.co.uk is ping-able. But, tracert fimes out.

Silver

kmigmar805 wrote:

Hi Darren,

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply!

It looks like that geo-blocking is not applied to this video because I can access it from home.

There is not ACL that blocks bbc flash traffic on the router and the www.bbc.co.uk is ping-able. But, tracert fimes out.

If you can PING the site, then your end-to-end appears to be working - what IP address does www.bbc.co.uk resolve to for you?

What does the browser say when you attempt to access this page? I seriously doubt there would be a networking issue which allows flash from some places and not others (unless there is an application-aware firewall in the path somewhere which is set to block access to the BBC, and only the BBC).

Cheers.

From home and from work... with the same pc?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content