cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

something in nat , hope to achive it !!!

Dr.X
Level 2
Level 2

hi  all ,

i have an issue with nat , ive read alot about nat . ........................................>so ,

now assume i have subnet x and i owant ech user in this subnet , if he requested any  destination  with port cc i want the  , the destination be changed  to single destination s.s.s.s

==========================

here is scenario:

now  i have dns server in my network

dns is delivered to clients by dhcp

the problrm is ,

some client may change his dns and put 8.8.8.8

my goal is ,

if that client who chaged his dns  and tried to use 8.8.8.8 , i want the router to change the destination from 8.8.8.8 to  another local server  i have .!

this is my goal , plz dont giver me any documents to read , i googled alot before posting here

my question is , does wt i need applicable with nat ????

now lets tlak about how i think it may  solve my issue :

i read about nat destination

but i found that the allowed router config for nat inside destination is list then pool !!

here is what i mean :

#ip nat inside destination list aa pool xx

as we see above , it can match list "which is nice option" but it also need pool !!!!

that mean that i have to put range of ips in that pool !! but i dont need that pool , i just need 1 ip in that pool ("my local server  ip ") ,

if i put 1 ip in that pool (my local server ip) ,, only 1 nat translation will occurs ???!!!

and that not what i want !!!

so ,

plz i wish a good clarification and solution for wt i posted above

with my best regards

1 Reply 1

Dr.X
Level 2
Level 2

another question in nat inside destination

where should the traffic initiated so that translation success ??

is it from   out --->in

or

in------>out

uptill now im understanding that the initiation if traffic should be from in -------------->out

wish to clarify !

im vey  confused !

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card