Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

something in nat , hope to achive it !!!

hi  all ,

i have an issue with nat , ive read alot about nat . ........................................>so ,

now assume i have subnet x and i owant ech user in this subnet , if he requested any  destination  with port cc i want the  , the destination be changed  to single destination s.s.s.s

==========================

here is scenario:

now  i have dns server in my network

dns is delivered to clients by dhcp

the problrm is ,

some client may change his dns and put 8.8.8.8

my goal is ,

if that client who chaged his dns  and tried to use 8.8.8.8 , i want the router to change the destination from 8.8.8.8 to  another local server  i have .!

this is my goal , plz dont giver me any documents to read , i googled alot before posting here

my question is , does wt i need applicable with nat ????

now lets tlak about how i think it may  solve my issue :

i read about nat destination

but i found that the allowed router config for nat inside destination is list then pool !!

here is what i mean :

#ip nat inside destination list aa pool xx

as we see above , it can match list "which is nice option" but it also need pool !!!!

that mean that i have to put range of ips in that pool !! but i dont need that pool , i just need 1 ip in that pool ("my local server  ip ") ,

if i put 1 ip in that pool (my local server ip) ,, only 1 nat translation will occurs ???!!!

and that not what i want !!!

so ,

plz i wish a good clarification and solution for wt i posted above

with my best regards

1 REPLY

something in nat , hope to achive it !!!

another question in nat inside destination

where should the traffic initiated so that translation success ??

is it from   out --->in

or

in------>out

uptill now im understanding that the initiation if traffic should be from in -------------->out

wish to clarify !

im vey  confused !

regards

Views
Helpful
Replies