Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SonicWall VLAN Problems

Hello All,

We have a SonicWall NSA 4500 here in our building and use all Cisco Layer 3 Networking.  Our core is a Catalyst 4506 and our switches are all Catalyst 3550s and 2950s.

I am trying to deploy about 12 SonicPoint NDRs, and would like them to both advertise 2 different SSIDs.  One for private (with access to servers), and one for public (with access to Internet only).

I believe I have things setup correctly, and have left the SonicWall in charge of DHCP'ing things.  I am able to see all the SonicPoints show up in the SonicWall interface, and can confirm they all broadcast the two SSIDs.  I can even confirm that I can connect to both, and receive different IP's (based on the different VLANs), however, one is a lot slower than the other.

One I get good latency when pinging things for connectivity testing, the other times out quite frequently, and then just kinda craps out in general.

I called SonicWall, multiple times, they were of no value.

I am running out of ideas of what the problem could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks again,

Dave

• LAN Switching and Routing
Everyone's tags (3)
2 REPLIES

SonicWall VLAN Problems

Any ideas?

Still hitting a wall on this one.

Thanks again for any ideas.

Dave

SonicWall VLAN Problems

Hi Dave,

What firmware are using on the NSA 4500?

Thanks,

Andrew

Views
Helpful
Replies