cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Source logging from a VRF

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I need to source syslog from a loopback that is assigned to a VRF. I'm running into an issue;

RTR(config)# logging source-interface loopback0
Interface Loopback0 is not in the global table

The loopback is assigned to the VRF as well as the interface that connects to the management network (via an HWIC-4ESW). Anyone else run into this?

BTW this is a 2801 running 15.0.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Collin,

I was able to find this:

Restrictions for VRF Aware System Message Logging

You cannot specify a source address for VRF system logging messages. The VRF Aware System Message Logging feature uses the VRF interface address as the source address for all VRF-aware system logging messages.

Here is the document:

http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sr/12_2sra/feature/guide/srvrfslg.html

HTH

Reza

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Collin,

I was able to find this:

Restrictions for VRF Aware System Message Logging

You cannot specify a source address for VRF system logging messages. The VRF Aware System Message Logging feature uses the VRF interface address as the source address for all VRF-aware system logging messages.

Here is the document:

http://cco.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2sr/12_2sra/feature/guide/srvrfslg.html

HTH

Reza

Thanks Reza it does help. I guess it makes sense that it will only source that particular VRF logging. Thanks again.

There has been an enhancement bug used for tracking opened under CSCsu22476.  If you feel you need this functionality please contact your local account team and they will be able to work with the development organization to reduce the time before it is implemented

Hi.

"The VRF Aware System Message Logging feature uses the VRF interface address as the source address for all VRF-aware system logging messages."

What IP address in VRF will the router/multi-layer switch use? Lowest IP? Highest IP?

BR,

Aleksander Sormul

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card