Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPAN Port Configuration Help on Pair of Nexus 5548's

Hello,

I have two Nexus 5548's that have Hosts connected to them via a VPC link.  For all intents and purposes / they act as an HA pair.  I have a SPAN port minitoring appliance with one 10 gig port on it.  I am dissapointed to read that the Nexus 5548's do not support RSPAN.  I would like to SPAN all VLAN traffic from both switches out of one 10 gig port on one of the switches.  I read a little about ERSPAN, but that looks like it will not work as the Nexus 5548's do not let me egress that traffic, if I understand it correctly.

What are my options? Is it possible to SPAN all traffic from one of the Nexus's to a port on the other Nexus (by connecting them together for source - destitnation) and then SPAN that traffic as well as the traffic native to the other Nexus out one port?

I guess at the end of the day, I just want to be able to SPAN traffic from both switches out one port to my SPAN port monitoring device.

Thanks for any help you can give me - I'm stumped.

- Grant

• LAN Switching and Routing
Views
Helpful
Replies