Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPAN Port - RSPAN - Packet Fragmentation

Hi all,

I've a Catalyst Switch WS-C2960-24TT-L,

This switch in installed in the Buiding "B". I wanna copy traffic originating from 2 FastEthernet port of a switch in that building to a "Monitoring Server" located in the opposite building (Buiding "C").

The "Monitoring Server" is linked to the switch using the Giga Interface (Switch --> EthernetRJ45 --> Media Converter --> Fiber Optic --> Media Converter --> EthernetRJ45 --> "Monitoring Server").

I configured a Span Session for copying the traffic of the 2 FastEthernet Port to the Giga Interface but I got some problem to the “monitoring Server” side 'cause I can't receive the packet from the Giga Interface.

Using WireShark to switch side I can see the correct delivering of the packet outside span destination port, but I don't see the same traffic arriving to “Monitoring Server” side.

I discovered the Media-Converter don't accept packet little than 64 byte (802.3ab IANA Standard)

In normal condition, the port I want to monitor don't generate packet little than 64 byte but I can see 64 butes packet passing through GigaEthernet Span Destination Port. That's why I can't see all the traffic that leave from GE Span Port, arriving to “Monitor Server” Side.

Here is the question: doues anyone know how to modify the size of the packet leaving from a span destination port?

Thanx in adv for any help

MG

Views
Helpful
Replies