Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

SPAN problem (Urgent)

Hi all,

I set up a win2k3 system which runs wireshark to sniff the network flow. This computer with 2 Nics and they are in one vlan but one switch. Before SPAN,

I could connect the computer with 2 NICs' IP, but when I enable the SPAN(one NIC port as destination port), I couldn't ping any of the NICs. I just know the NIC as destination port will go down,but why another NIC go down too....

I want to use another NIC as my management IP,please do me a favor, thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: SPAN problem (Urgent)

Hi Sheldon,

You can make the port as a destination port and also pass traffic for that vlan at a same time using an "ingress" kepword when you cofnigure SPAn destination port.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225see/scg/swspan.htm#wp1036816

HTH

Ankur

Since windows allows only one gateway to be configured on the NICs, You should have the default gateway configuration on the management NIC and not on the NIC used as destination port.

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

Community Member

I set the default gatway on the management NIC, but I still could not connect that NIC from computer in same VLAN. On the Sniff computer, I couldn't ping computers in same VLAN, but could ping computers in other VLAN.

The default gatway point to the L3 Core Switch. I don't know what happened.....

can u post a sample diagram of the network

Narayan

Community Member

Ooh,please see the attachment.

I just know why I start the SPAN, another NIC will be affected... So strange...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content